The Walt Disney Hometown Museum in Marceline, Missouri was established in 2001 to celebrate and share the story of the Disney family’s connection to the small town they lived in when Walt Disney was a young boy. The museum has become a tourist attraction that operates from March through mid-December each year.
The Operations Manager oversees the museum’s daily processes and makes ongoing improvements to enhance the guest experience and overall efficiency. This role will oversee all aspects of operations, including financial processes, inventory, merchandising, social media, membership, marketing, training, and implementing policies and strategies to improve productivity and efficiency levels.
The Operations Manager will collaborate with the Executive Director and report to the Museum’s Board of Directors.
- Ensure smooth operations of all routine functions and operational systems
- Establish new processes based on business objectives
- Assist as needed with current fundraising initiatives
- Track the efficiency of product sales and procedures; maintain working understanding of business software (e.g., Square, membership database, etc.)
- Monitor financial data and recommend solutions that will improve profitability
- Communicate effectively with Executive Director, Board of Directors, Staff, Volunteers, Suppliers, and Guests
- Create an operational budget in partnership with the Board of Directors
- Oversee facility and exhibit maintenance
- Assist with special projects as needed, both in the local community and beyond
- Maintain inventory of merchandise including stocking of gift shop and maintaining the Square POS system
- Maintain membership program
- Work with board members and accountant on all bookkeeping, accounting and financial records
- Create financial reports to share with Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Manage staff/volunteer calendar, as well as policies and procedures for volunteers; provide desk coverage as needed
Required strengths and skills
- Passion for Disney history and heritage
- Highly-motivated self-starter
- Strong relationship and communication skills
- Thorough understanding of financial and budgeting processes
- Proven success in problem-solving and managing multiple priorities
Preferred education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree/extensive experience in business management, facilities management, or a related field
- Extensive guest service experience
- Comfort in learning and managing technology systems and platforms
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31, 2021.